- CAN I INSTALL IT MYSELF?
With some basic mechanical and wiring skills, any DIY-er should be able to install a myTop easily on their own. We offer excellent support, video tutorials, and full color installation manuals. Note that the myTop warranty does not cover product failure stemming from unqualified installation.
- WHERE CAN I GET A MYTOP INSTALLED?
Installs can be performed by you or any garage near you. We have a rapidly growing network of qualified installers throughout the US and other countries.
If we don't already have an installer near you, we can usually find one for you. A myTop customer service representative is assigned to every sale and will be in touch with you to make the delivery and install as easy as possible for you.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL?
4-6 hours depending on experience.
myTop offers free, high quality, step by step video tutorials and a richly detailed, full color installation manual with every top. We aim to make installation a fun and easy experience for every myTop customer!
Plan to have a second set of hands for a few minutes to lift the primary body onto the Jeep tub.
For an experienced technician, expect 2.5 hours install, 1.5 hour adjustment, and a possible 30 minute fine-tuning.
- WHERE CAN I GET INSTALLATION HELP?
Call, click, or watch!
Watch this step-by-step video installation guide:
Consult your installation manual included with your top, or check it out online
- DOES INSTALLATION REQUIRE ANY SPECIAL TOOLS?
Nope. Installation requires simple hand tools:
- wrench (Allen & Hex)
- screw driver
- one tapknife
- electric drill and one step drill bit
- WILL THE INSTALL VOID MY WARRANTY?
MyTop was designed to attach to pre-existing holes in the Jeep tub, roll cage and windshield frame. Your Jeep warranty will never be compromised by a myTop or its installation process.
- IS IT A PERMANENT INSTALL?
MyTop convertible tops are all-year, all-weather tops. So you can enjoy its flexibility whenever you so desire. However, as it uses the pre-existing holes in the Jeep tub, it can be taken off again and be re-installed again too. The only question is, why would you want to do that? Like the hassle?
- DOES THE TOP BLOCK THE REAR VIEW OF THE DRIVER?
No more than a spare tire or rear-seat passengers.
Rather than compromising cargo space behind the rear seat, the top stacks up on the sides of the Jeep tub. With some proper mirror adjustment, drivers should have no trouble with visibility, in fact, when compared to the Jeep hardtop, the myTop offers better rear view visibility for most drivers.
- HOW FAR DOWN DOES IT FOLD?
The folded top sits below the brake light.
JK Wrangler fold down
- DOES MYTOP HAVE ANY SAFETY FEATURES?
MyTop meets all standard safety regulations: motors, main drive gears, and linkages are covered with a safety shroud – the kiddos in the rear seat will not get their fingers pinched
Electric fuses, soft coverings, and other protective implements ensure safe operation of the top as well
The top will not operate, up or down, without the driver pressing the brake pedal.
- WHAT'S IT MADE OF?
Blood, sweat, tears, fairy dust, and magic…
Not really, but myTop takes pride in using only the finest materials.
- Haartz StayFast & Sonnenland – the same top material used by Porsche, Mercedes, BMW
- Special OE head liner to optimize insulation from noise and temperature.
- High grade aluminum fixtures
- Bosch motors (same as in all OE tops of any luxury vehicle)
- Double-thick HiDef plastic windows
- Fine craftsmanship and experienced assembly
- HOW DO I OPERATE A MYTOP?
- For operation instructions please download the operation guide.
- IS IT SAFE TO USE THE MYTOP AROUND CHILDREN?
Yes. We all have children, and we sought to protect little fingers and arms as much as possible when creating myTop.
Moving parts are tucked away as far as possible, and moving elements feature protective shrouds and coverings. All sharp spots and pinchy parts are tucked away and safely covered for your rear-seat riders.
In an abundance of caution, we still recommend letting your riders know before operating the top
The fabric is covered by a 10 year warranty on color fading and all other components are covered by a 24 month warranty.
- CLEANING THE WINDOWS
myTop windows are twice as thick as factory windows, but, as with any top the plastic windows can be scratched. Before operating the top, be sure any dirt and grime is brushed away.
We do not recommend using gas station squeegees, as they often have dirty water and grime that may scratch your windows.
Scratches and discoloration CAN be removed with Novus plastic window cleaning products, which you can find on Amazon.
- CAN I DRIVE MY JEEP WITH A MYTOP THROUGH AN AUTOMATIC CARWASH?
Yes, but we do not recommend it. Automatic carwashes use harsh detergents which can damage the water repellency and colorfastness of the fabric, and mar the plastic windows. Be careful with high-pressure water jets which may shoot soapy water at unnatural angles and force its way in between fabric components. We recommend using a lot of water to loosen the dirt and grime then gently washing the dirt off with a clean towel if needed. Rise the towel thoroughly while using it to prevent scratches.
- DO I HAVE TO UNDO THE LATCHES BEFORE OPENING?
Yes! Anytime you open the top be SURE that both latches are completely open. Failure to do so may result in serious damage to the gearing mechanisms.
Also be sure to stop your vehicle in a level position, failure to do so could compromise the actuating arms of the top!
- IF I BUY A MYTOP, DO I NEED MY SOFT TOP OR HARD TOP ANYMORE?
Nope. myTop tops are "replacement systems" meaning, that with a myTop, you no longer need a soft top or hard top. MyTop is all-seaon warm, all-season quiet for any climate. This means you no longer need to worry about where, and how to, store your tops.
- INTERNATIONAL: CAN I BUY A MYTOP OUTSIDE THE US?
Of course! We have already supplied many myTops around the world. Please contact us regarding international shipping procedures and prices.
- What is the shipping and delivery time?
Shipping: time to ship 5-7 business days (if product is in stock)
Delivery time: 4-6 days by UPS within continental US.
- What is the shipping fee?
Continental US orders: flat fee of $ 250 per top by UPS. One top consists of 3 boxes. You will receive the UPS tracking number as soon as it has shipped.
International orders: We ship globally by UPS Expedited. Please contact us for a quote to your location. Customers are responsible for all duties, import taxes and brokerage fees.
- What is the return policy?
- Returns: Products can be returned within 30 days. Please contact us to process a return. To receive a full refund (less shipping both ways), the returned product must be in new (un-installed) condition, in the original packaging and including all the product components. Should you receive a product and believe it to be defective, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the issue.
- ARE MYTOP PRODUCTS PATENTED?
The patents are issued by The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO); and the patents are registered and protected in 156 foreign countries under the auspices of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). No other entity can claim honestly any form of inventorship or ownership of such patents or trademarks, or derivative intellectual property. Violators will be prosecuted.